[ X ]
The Modding Mindset
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemo Mentisson
Level: 77

Position: Registered User
Kel: 297  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: The Modding Mindset Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly where this would go, so I figure mindless chatter is pretty safe.

After backing up the progress (haha, no really) on my mod, and re-installing the vanilla Zero Hour data files, I played my first game of vanilla Zero Hour in many years. And it felt...weird. But it was more than just weird; I couldn't enjoy it. I had spent so much time modding and playing my and other people's mods that I just couldn't enjoy vanilla Zero Hour anymore, even though it was one of my favorite games even before I started modding it in earnest.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else; have you ever spent so much time modding and playing mods of a game that going back to the vanilla version was near impossible?

(Anyway, it's given me an idea for a mod that takes all the original assets and changes them around so that even though it looks almost identical to the original, it plays completely differently. But I gotta at least try to get one faction finished in my current project first >_>)

View user's profile Find all posts by Nemo Mentisson Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1