[ X ]
A Brony's Introduction
The username's a dead giveaway!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MLP_EDI_Ion
Level: 65

Position: Registered User
Kel: 3  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: A Brony's Introduction Reply with quote

Felicitations, OpenRA devs and QA Testers. I am Nicholas Clark Manuel, but you may call me by my ponysona, Ion Cannon, or just Ion. I wanted to mod Tiberian Dawn to make an My Little Pony Crossover Game that involves a similar plot to C&C1. The game is called "My Little Commander: Conquest is Magic - Harmonian Dawn". Unfortunately, due to the constraints even version 1.06c r3 can't work around. I have decided to move operations to this forum. I figured OpenRA would have more flexibility. But seeing there's more work to be done on it, I think I should wait until video cutscene support is added.

Then again, I think I should keep working on the pony infantry units.

Aside from that, I'm also a freelance musician, still learning, by the way.

I hope you welcome me with open arms.
View user's profile Find all posts by MLP_EDI_Ion Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Nemo Mentisson
Level: 78

Kel: 297  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

Well, the few people that are here welcome you with open arms, but this forum is pretty...sleepy. Still, it's as good a place as any to start, so I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm not an MLP fan, but I hope you have good luck on your mod.

What is the Equestrian art of war, by the way? How are they organized? I'd have to imagine that in a culture like that, their thoughts on the matter would be quite different from anything found in the real world.

View user's profile Find all posts by Nemo Mentisson Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MLP_EDI_Ion
Level: 65

Kel: 3  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

I think it's better to explain the fanon with background on how it all began. . .

The year is 2021 AE. . .

Equestria has been plagued by an invasive crystaline lifeform, known as Harmonium. Once thought to be the answer to industrialization in Equestria, has spread invasively across the land. Wars have been fought to control this adaptive lifeform, lives were lost.

In an attempt to advert the crisis, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's surviving heir to the solar throne, deployed a survivor of the Harmonian Wars, Field Captain Ion Cannon, an Earth Pony with countless tactical and leadership experience, into the past, a journey he is bound to never come back from. . .

Now, set a course back in time to 2012 AE. . .

After the events of the Season 2 Finale (and, I know this branches off into an alternate fanon reality, but then again, my subscription to the theory of parallel universes absolves my fear of temporal pardoxes), Ion finds himself in Canterlot nearly 20 years ago. He tries to get a word in with Celestia, but the guards would not let him. Shining Armor was about to put Ion in royal custody awaiting his punishment for his rash behavior, when Ion suddenly told him his future. Did Shining Armor acknowledge his foreknowledge? Yes, he did, and decided to give his testimony on Ion's behalf, despite how crazy Ion's foreknowledge sounded. But, Princess Celestia could, in fact, identify that Ion was from the future. And, decided to clear Ion of his charges, in exchange for explanation.

After hours of conversation in the castle. Celestia had an understanding of things prior to Ion's trek, such as the Meteorite that carried the ultraviolet Harmonium. But, how the changelings discovered it, first, was a totally new aspect to the situation unfolding!

Celestia figured even the Elements of Harmony could not delay the inevitable, unless Ion, as he told Celestia, would step in as the Commanding Officer of task force that Celestia made a decree to create it.

The decree was the "Equestrem Pro Carta" (Equestrian Defense Charter, in latin), and after approval by Princess Luna, it established the Equestrian Defense Initiative, and put Ion in command of given operations. The Mane 6 would agree to give Ion tactical operations, for as long as the "Changelinghood of Sin" and Cocoon are alive.

Three years into the War. . .

EDI is almost wasted, the Mane Six have been held captive by the Changelinghood, and Ion was relieved from duty. Let's not forget, Queen Chrysalis's right-hoof, Cocoon, attempted a coup on the Changeling monarch! The end result was Cocoon's banishment to neither the moon, nor sun, but somewhere in uncharted Equestrian influence, where Cocoon continues his plans, despite opposition. Ion thought all was lost. His last resort was to throw himself upon the mercy of the Changelinghood. Before the decision was cast, however, flipping through the cloud stations on his MVA, he was given a sublimnal messages through interference, both from EDI in which Celestia was offering him reinstatement, and Sin which was offering mercy on his life for his allegiance to the Changelinghood.

Faced with a difficult decision of fighting for a lost cause, or a chance to live under loyalty to what he thought was the enemy, Ion, in his mansion in Canterlot, look himself in the mirror and asks himself. "What's more important, conquest or peace?"

He, then said, "Since I may risk my life either way, I'll press my luck."

Then, he flips though the cloud stations one last time, to collect info from the interference, and begins to make his decision!
View user's profile Find all posts by MLP_EDI_Ion Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Nemo Mentisson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

Fan continuity within fan continuity...lol, I never really get western fandoms. Anyway, of course the Changelinghood is Nod, but are their goals precisely analogous to Nod? The sociopolitics of Equestria certainly aren't precisely analogous, and I've always understood Nod's backbone to be borne of largely sociopolitical issues.
View user's profile Find all posts by Nemo Mentisson Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
folkilsk
Level: 60

Kel: 66  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A Brony's Introduction Reply with quote

MLP_EDI_Ion wrote (View Post):
Felicitations, OpenRA devs and QA Testers. I am Nicholas Clark Manuel, but you may call me by my ponysona, Ion Cannon, or just Ion. I wanted to mod Tiberian Dawn to make an My Little Pony Crossover Game that involves a similar plot to C&C1. The game is called "My Little Commander: Conquest is Magic - Harmonian Dawn". Unfortunately, due to the constraints even version 1.06c r3 can't work around. I have decided to move operations to this forum. I figured OpenRA would have more flexibility. But seeing there's more work to be done on it, I think I should wait until video cutscene support is added.

Then again, I think I should keep working on the pony infantry units.

Aside from that, I'm also a freelance musician, still learning, by the way.

I hope you welcome me with open arms.
You are depraved, m8
Speedy
Level: 57

Kel: 61  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:12 am  Reply with quote

Okay, okay, hang on now. I'm like anti-MLP cause of reasons I have no intention of indulging to people, and planned on not posting in this topic out of sheer attempt to stay respectful..

But then there's this douche.

folkilsk wrote (View Post):
You are depraved, m8
What gives you the right to insult someone else like that with no basis, man? The guy's just showing his love for two subject and a desire to mix them. Who in their right mind would call someone who's clearly just expressing himself depraved?

Know the weight your words have. By all means, you saying that out the blue paints a different, more negative picture about you, folkilsk.

Nemo Mentisson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:16 am  Reply with quote

Man, there's no way OP is even still around to read it. Even if he were, I can't figure out what Folkilsk's endgame could possibly be.

This is confusing on several levels.

Speedy
Level: 57

Kel: 61  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:32 am  Reply with quote

I know, sorry. I guess I let my irritation get the best of me.

It's just.. Folkilsk goes off like this without even knowing the person! And that just.. really grinds my gears, y'know..?

Nemo Mentisson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:40 am  Reply with quote

Oh no, I wasn't criticizing you, I was highlighting how absurd Folkilsk's post was.

And yeah.

Prince Blueblood
Level: 54

Kel: 47  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:00 am  Reply with quote

so folkilsk hates bronies? Sad

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/11/17/766391__safe_solo_fluttershy_meme_screencap_smile_cute_image+macro_looking+at+you_happy.png

damn, can't resist Worried Laughing

on the other hands, there's pony mod for Kane's wrath but everybody who played them cries about how Pegasi squads are even more OP than the Scrin PAC, and how fluttershy EMP the hell out of everyone on ground Razz

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...
View user's profile Find all posts by Prince Blueblood Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1