Where is it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody
Level: 99

Position: Registered User
Kel: 11  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:45 am  Reply with quote

Thanks, but that doesn't always help... Imagine this: You know official Mayday map? Well, there is only one way to get to your enemy through land, without bridges. So if I lay the infantry mines all through the width of that road, pathfinding algorythm will fail with Crusher=no vehicles, and they'll start attacking the mines. If the mine retaliates and moves to attack - it looks Wtf? . If it stays there, or has Speed=0 - vehicle looks Wtf? . Any solutions?
Comrade Kal
Level: 113

Kel: 699  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 am  Reply with quote

Are there any tags you could change to make a minesweeper? You could give the mines the terror drone armour and then a minesweeper thats immune to mines or something fires a weapon at short range in front of him that only affects terror drone armour....
View user's profile Find all posts by Comrade Kal Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Remus
Blah Blah Blah
Level: 117

Kel: 1531  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

Making the mine sweeper immune to the mines is easy. Just give it a type of armor which is associated with a 0% in the mine weapon's warhead. the mine won't "attack" that vehicle. I believe only the miners use the medium armor, so you could always give them heavy armor and then give the sweeper medium armor.

As for otehr code for a mine sweeper, I guess you would need it to have sensors to detect the cloaked mines. Give it a very low detection range. Maybe 2 or 3. SensorsSight= tag controls the range by cells.

Then just give it a short range weapon (Range=1 or 1.5 would be good I think.) that only affects the armor type of the mines. Simple.

View user's profile Find all posts by Remus Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AAG
Level: 98

Kel: 9  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mine Layer Tutorial Reply with quote

Lord Kal wrote:
Im looking for the mine layer tutorial... but my mod is RA2, not YR.... the only one I could find is the one in open source which only works for YR.

I've looked EVERYWHERE. Anyone know where I can get it?

Well. I think you can create a weapon for your mine layer like Ore creating weapon explainde here: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

(look not at mine layer tutorial, but a "Ore Growing Weapon" which is situated after the "mine layer" one)

Put in art.ini:

[GROWORE]
;Was TiberiumSpawnType=TIB16
TiberiumSpawnType=MINE
; you also shoul create MINE:

in rules.ini:
[OverlayTypes]
xx=MINE

and then create a mine using rules of GASAND as an example

Not sure but, I think it will work
View user's profile Find all posts by AAG Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
sleipnirforums
Level: 32

Kel: 1  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: mine layer codes Reply with quote

Can someone post me a art and rules codes for the mine layer plz? Smile Smile Smile
View user's profile Find all posts by sleipnirforums Send private message ICQ Number