New Infantry Shps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobingAbout
Level: 107

Position: Registered User
Kel: 213  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:24 am  Reply with quote

well, the 1 thing we can't do is SHPs. I've only been asking for well over 3 years now, with absolutly no offers for help.

thing we need most right now is someone to teach hunty how to skin, but nobody will do that either.

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/files/rrotc.gif
View user's profile Find all posts by BobingAbout Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raminator
Level: 97

Kel: 270  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:33 pm  Reply with quote

i do nothing with bones...
i simply wanted make 8 frames
1 frame = 1 view of the soldier (N NW W SW S SE E NE)

my problem is that i donīt know how to lock those frames that i get a turning anim...
View user's profile Find all posts by raminator Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Universal
THE GOD OF WAR
Level: 104

Kel: 63  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

try creating a frame by frame rotation and then coplile it to jpeg which would then be converted to shp.
View user's profile Find all posts by Universal Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Gamemate
Level: 109

Kel: 33  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

I recommend that you create a dummy object and group the camera and camera point with it and then align the pivot point to the center of the soldier.

Now all you have to do is to rotate the group with 45 degrees and you will get the next facing. The lights have to be set up for each of the facings aswell but I do not consider that any hard, you could simply group them with the camera and dummy object aswell. You could also make it even easier to just set up the scene with 8 different cameras one for each facing, this way you just select the camera that you want the screencap from. You have to turn of the lights from all of facings but the one you use though (might be a easier way).

Rotating the soldier is also an approach that works. But if you are planning on using multiple frames you should set it up properly Wink
View user's profile Find all posts by Gamemate Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Droke
ISTP
Level: 114

Kel: 128  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

For ratating isnt it easyer to simply rotate the object? Then you dont have to worry about lighting.

In cinema 4d you can add the soldier to a null object and keyframe the start point at 0 degrees and the end point at 315 degrees. It then would automaticly fill the rest in.

ComradeJ
Level: 103

Kel: 456  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:26 pm  Reply with quote

Universal wrote (View Post):
try creating a frame by frame rotation and then coplile it to jpeg which would then be converted to shp.

Converting jpg to shp?! Aren't jpgs too 'noisy' for that?
View user's profile Find all posts by ComradeJ Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gamemate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:16 pm  Reply with quote

ZombyDragon: Perhaps for a simple project it would be easier, but if you have multiple frames that you want to render that is not a suitable way to do it. You can always reuse the settings for a different object later on.

Donīt know if you can do that but you can keyframe an animation that is using a 8 frame rotation (but you have to fix the acceleration and deacceleration in the curve editor).

Jpeg-> shp is the worst suggestion yet, not only will you get a very blurred shp you will recieve alot of unwanted time just to clean it up (remaps and reserved colors is enough to clean up already).
View user's profile Find all posts by Gamemate Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raminator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

i rotate the object and leave the camera as it is
it is simply anoying to rotate and rotate and rotate and again and again
thatīs why i want to have the sequence so i can simply go from one frame to the other and then cnp to osshpbuilder

Attachment:

inftest.GIF

Filename:  inftest.GIF
 Description:  did this before with printscreen, cnp
2.94 KB :: Viewed 14238 Time(s) :: [ Download ]

View user's profile Find all posts by raminator Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gamemate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

I have worked out a solution.

Since you do not like to rotate it every time you could simply change the camera that is used for the moment. Light should not be an issue since it should be centered for infantry (I do not know about gmax and lights but it should not be that much different from 3dsm).

Attached a 3ds file that contains the cameras, you need to choose "completely change current scene". The rest should be easy to set up. There is some samples showing what I meant.

I can understand why the current process is annoying, I would not have the patience to do it that way.

Attachment:
 Filename:  camera.zip
23.69 KB :: Downloaded 704 Time(s) :: [ Download ]

Droke
ISTP
Level: 114

Kel: 128  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:53 pm  Reply with quote

I did this in under a minute by simply adding all the parts to a null object and rotating it. (No, I didnt make the model.)

Attachment:

rotate.gif

Filename:  rotate.gif
10.89 KB :: Viewed 14193 Time(s) :: [ Download ]

raminator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:43 am  Reply with quote

thanks for the file...now i just need a 3dsimporterplugin or 3dsmax Razz
Gamemate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

No you wonīt you just select import because it supports .3ds, I checked the limitations before I replied and attached it Razz

I also tested if it worked properly in gmax (downloaded and installed it just to test it in a proper manner).
raminator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

just noticed it myself
thanks again
Universal
THE GOD OF WAR
Level: 104

Kel: 63  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

gamemate how do you use that camera file with the infantry model you want to rotate ?
View user's profile Find all posts by Universal Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Gamemate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:46 pm  Reply with quote

You just change the camera, I thought the samples showed exactly how it was set up to work....