[ X ]
Units parachuting from a plane
tried to make it but failed so could you help ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZOMBATAR!
Level: 35

Position: Registered User
Kel: 21  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Units parachuting from a plane Reply with quote

Hi guys
I tried to make units drop in mid-air with parachutes from a plane-Helicopter
but it didn't work so can anybody help me?
I want the units to drop in mid-air with parachutes when I click on the evacuate button
(I don't want the plane to land on the ground then evacuate no i want it to drop them in mid-air)
View user's profile Find all posts by ZOMBATAR! Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Nemo Mentisson
Level: 75

Kel: 296  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:08 am  Reply with quote

I forget if this actually works with air units, but you could have the "drop" button create a bunch of dummy objects which immediately delete themselves within the transport to kick the current occupants out, but it doesn't seem possible to create them in succession rather than all at once using OCL parameters. I'll look into it some more though, because I get the feeling like this was the same approach a few people have used to try and get planes to switch weapons when airborne, and I'm 99% sure it didn't work in that context (I should really know this off the top of my head).

Maybe more importantly, I dunno how you'd get your dudes to parachute and not just fall to their death, since airdrop powers work by spawning the infantry being dropped in a container, and it's the container's behavior that makes them fall safely. Have you gotten that far yet?

View user's profile Find all posts by Nemo Mentisson Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
ZOMBATAR!
Level: 35

Kel: 21  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:30 pm  Reply with quote

tried to play around with "container's behavior"
but the game crashes every time
so I think that there is no way to achieve my idea
will have to scrap that idea
thank you anyway Wink
View user's profile Find all posts by ZOMBATAR! Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number