[ X ]
Z (Bitmap Brothers)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enlil
Level: 54

Position: Registered User
Kel: 2  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Z (Bitmap Brothers) Reply with quote

Just found out about openra, played my first game online. really cool how you guys made this possible.

If ever you guys have the time....do the same for Z. I would love to play that game against others.
Sircrashalot
Level: 56

Kel: 62  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

There is a free to play remake of Z with online multiplayer. I do not know how many still play that though.
http://zod.sourceforge.net/
View user's profile Find all posts by Sircrashalot Send private message ICQ Number
deniz1a
Level: 56

Kel: 36  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

As far as I know zod engine is not maintained anymore. And Z was never released as freeware so openra can't officially use its files. But if it was freeware there could be a Z mod in openra, Although much of the logic would need to be rewritten since Z and Red Alert had very different gameplays.
Phrohdoh
Level: 55

Kel: 33  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

If you were to setup art and sequences (yaml, etc) you may be able to convince someone to write the necessary trait logic.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1