[ X ]
Barano
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camkill
Level: 94

Position: Registered User
Kel: 11  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Barano Reply with quote

here is a section from a book i am under the writing process of. this is taken word for word from my current copy and may later be changed! Please tell me what you think!

Overview: This story is that of the Vietnam war in which a team known as Barano, whome become stranded in The dense jungles of vietnam.

im gonna add the stry piece l8a ... sry Worried

Make Your Donations!
View user's profile Find all posts by Camkill Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Universal
THE GOD OF WAR
Level: 104

Kel: 63  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

it's ok but it is recommended to actually add the story when creating the topic.
View user's profile Find all posts by Universal Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
CodeCat
Level: 108

Kel: 895  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

He did say he'd add it later...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/codecat42/userbars/openmoddingalliance_logo.png
Universal
THE GOD OF WAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

yes I know. But for example i get flamed if i add a topic and don't post a voxel. So it's just common sense.
View user's profile Find all posts by Universal Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
CodeCat
Level: 108

Kel: 895  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

Improving the world starts at yourself, always. Wink

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/codecat42/userbars/openmoddingalliance_logo.png
Universal
THE GOD OF WAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

very true.
Camkill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:44 am  Reply with quote

Here it be. And some information about it.
Style: First Person
Characters: ya, ill tell ya Rolling Eyes JJ u will finds out no?
Plot: Vietnam group is.... well screw that just read my first post!

*Clears Throat*
prologue:

My job is like no other, I must be willing to die, for my job requires it of me. My job requires more rigorous, and harder training than most. My job earns me great respect, from my coworkers, family and friends. The respect I enjoy most comes from myself though. My job earns me great medals, and great rewards. But I am not in my job for the medals, or the awards. No, I am in my job for what it is. My job is to fight, fight for American and world freedom. I am a soldier, in the United States Armed Forces. Unlike many men, I do not dwell upon the past, because it is far to painful to dwell upon. But not dwelling on a time does not mean you do not think of it, for I do every day. We, in the eyes of millions are considered heroes. But in the eyes of others devils, coming from hell to bring death, sadness, and poverty. They say it simply takes a common man and a threat to become a hero, and I agree with this. But it is that threat that makes a common man a demon in the eyes of his foes, and makes him hated by many. Demons, much alike heroes though, do die. I know this far to well. I joined the Armed Forces with fourteen of my friends, now all that remains is the ragged group we have now. It consists merely of Travis, Mitch, Bruno, Mary and myself.

THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE PROLOGUE!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section was taken from later on in the book:

"Grenade!" Mary yelled. I turned and started to run, but i wasn't fast enough. The explosion hit me, hard.I was flung to the ground, and as soon as I hit I was sure that I was dead. A sudden amount of pain that struck through my side and face jolted me back to reality. Out of instinct created by rigorous training i jumped up and threw my backpack down onto the ground. It seemed lighter than normal. I looked and was quickly aware of why. Most of it had been burned away by the blast. This was just great, not even a day in 'Nam and I already knew it was gonna be the worst day of my life.

Please tell me what you think so far ( I HAVE MUCH MUCH MORE DOWN ON PAPER, JUST DON'T REALLY WANT TO COPY IT OUT RIGHT NOW!)

Make Your Donations!
View user's profile Find all posts by Camkill Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Rattuskid
Mostly Harmless
Level: 150

Position: Supermod
Kel: 380  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:33 am  Reply with quote

What is your plot curve shaped like?

Can we get a sample that shows character development?

Camkill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:57 am  Reply with quote

hmmm... i can consider this, once i get more typed out i will allow you guys to view it Grin. hope to keep some interest Smile

Make Your Donations!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1