[ X ]
Un-named WIP for my english class
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!
Level: 122

Position: Registered User
Kel: 273  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Un-named WIP for my english class Reply with quote

At the castle of Norberg, a group of knights were preparing for a hunting trip.

"We will only be gone a week, after that we shall return with out trophy game." - Renard says assuringly to his wife as he packs.

"But what if you are attacked by an animal or, a group of renegade soldiers?" - Alison says worriedly as she watches her husband pack for his hunting trip.

"I'm sure the four of us will be able to handle a bear or wolf. As for enemy soldiers, I doubt they would be that close to our castle. Plus we will only be a few hours out from the castle, and that can be cut in half if we double our efforts, and leave the wagon."

"I guess, but do be careful." - Allison says as she starts to help her husband pack.

Renard completes his packing, and after a long embracing hug with his wife he picks up his bag, and leaves to meet his friends.

An older knight is waiting at the wagon, he has started packing, but has obviouisly not put a whole lot of effort into it. As Renard aproaches the knight looks up. "Late again Renard. Did you pack slowly so we would finish packing the wagon with out you, or perhaps your wife felt it necisary for a goodbye bedding." - The eldar knights chuckles, and returns to packing the wagon.

Renard smirks, and throws his bag to the elder knight. "Ah shut up Author, the wife was anxious about the length of our trip." - Renard chuckles as he aproaches the wagon.

"Well climb aboard whatever your excuse you weren't late enough to miss the packing."

"Fine, fine I guess someone needs to do the heavy lifting, old man." - Renard starts to climb up but is startled, and nearly falls due to a brutish figure poping up from the other side of the wagon but a large hand grasps his arm.

"Ah did I startle Renard, I swear I didn't mean to. Also heavy lifting is my job." - Porthios smirks, and chuckles, as he pulls Renard into the wagon.

"Damn you Porthios, you shouldn't pop out like that, might give someone a heart attack. Anyways what are you doing here, I didni't think you could come." - Renard says as he catches his breath, and sits down.

"Ah well I finally decided last night you would need a real man to come along, or else yo might get into some serious trouble."

All the men begin to laugh, and then start packing the wagon together. Over the next hour the men work kind of slowly as they chat about what they have been doing, until Renard realizes that there are still two missing.

"Wait a second where are Robert, and Patrick. They should have been here by now."

Author looks at Renard, and takes a seat for some rest. "Ahh, Robert is in the stables readying our horse's, and Patrick is off on Gaurd duty, he will meet with us before we leave, but he won't be able to help get prepared."

"I guess we now have a cook, and dishwasher." - Renard laughs a bit, then carries some large barrels over to the wagon. As he doe's so he notices Patrick coming up on horse back still in his armor. - "Patrick your early, I was just told you wouldn't be here until just before we left.

"Actually I came to tell you that my gaurd duty, has been extended to the next five day." - Patrick says glumly.

"No, that will mean your not joining us." - Renard says as he wipe the sweat from his brow.

"Actually I will be coming with you. The problem is that the kind will be joining us."

"No!"

"He can't!"

"That will completely ruin our trip!"

All the knights begin to protest, and cusre the king for invading their trip.

"Do not worry you will be there as the guides, he is merely coming along for relaxation, and is bring two other knights as his gaurd along with myself."

"I still don't like it, if the king wants to go out, why doesn't he make up his own hunting party. Now if there is a little bit of trouble we will be forced to return to the castle!" - Renard says in protest to the kings decision to join them.

"Even still there is nothing we can do, as the kings mind is made up, and will not be changed so make preperations for the king to join us."

Patrick leaves to get prepared himsel, and fetch the king. The others grumble, and return to packing the cart. Within half an hour Robert shows up with four horses.

I will try to finish typing what I have now tommorow.

(Actually this is more of storage for tommorow, as I no longer have a floppy drive.)

View user's profile Find all posts by hellfire Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Rattuskid
Mostly Harmless
Level: 150

Position: Supermod
Kel: 380  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

Is this the story you were telling me about? Goodie!
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:13 am  Reply with quote

Ya though I still haven't written that far yet, I hope it turns out good.
View user's profile Find all posts by hellfire Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

Here's the next installment hope you like i, even though I still haven't gotten into the main part.

"Ah so I am not the last to arrive that's good."

Renard looks up and replys with - "Don't worry there's still for more to show up." - Renard sits down and stretches his back.

"Four? I thought only Patrick was left. Who else is coming?" - Robert ties two horses to posts, then brings the others nearer the wagon.

"Yes, we have just got word from Patrick that the king has invited himself along for the trip. Plus two extra gaurds."

"So instead of setting up his own hunting party, where he will have many servents to wait on him hand and foot, he decides to come with us. What a lazy bastard."

"Be that as it may theres nothing we can do about it, he is the king after all."

Robert starts to tie the horses to the wagon. Just as the king arrives with his personal gaurd, and Patrick.

"Ah, good knights. I hope you are not to upset withe the news of my joining your trip." The king says as he dismounts his horse.

"Ah you wouldn't think so, you old....." - Porthios starts until Renard intervenes.

"Of course not your majesty, we are honored to bring you along." - The king looks at Porthios crookedly but resonds too Renard slowly.

"Good to here sir knight." - He then turns to look at Renard - "How long until we depart."

"Well we are all here now so I think once the horses are set up we shall leave." - Renard explains calmly.

"Ah good to hear." - With this the king turns to look over his sadle bags to make sure they are fastened properly, then remounts his horse.

"Well that's it the wagon is ready." - Robert states triuphantly as he walks around the side of the wagon.

"Ok myself and Author will take the seperate horses, Robert, and Porthios take the wagon, and the rest of you have your own horses to rife." - Renard mounts his horse. - "Ok lets get moving it's a three hour ride to the site, and I want the site set up, and supper started before sun set."

"Ah jolly good we're on our way." - The king stats as he motions for the horse to start moving.

Within three hours the group has arrived at the small clearing. The trees in this area were slim, and lifelss looking, casting menicing shadows arounf the area, even though the sun had been blotted out by what looked like an incoming storm cloud.

"Ah this will be perfect there is cover from the storm, a river full of fish, and fresh water from said stream." - Renard elxclaims excitedly as he looks around.

"Well you may like it but it scares the hell out of me." - Porthios says with a tremble from the site of the trees. He then starts to unpack the campware, and the tents.

"I too like this spot." - The king says as he oversees his gaurds whom are currently setting up his tent, and unpacking his stuff.

"You would you old bastard!" - Porthios say under his breathe.

"Make sure to stay clear of the horses, this storm will get them really spooked, and they will stomp anything near them." - Robert says as he scurely ties the horse reins to a tree.

"Ya that could prove to hurt. Also will someone make sure the food is secure in the tree I would hate for a bear to get at it." - Renard says as he finishes pitching his tent.

"Yes, we must protect the food!" - Porthios say vigiantly as he runs off to tie the food up while dropping his half pitched tent in the process.

"Wow, leave it to the great Ox to worry about food on a hunting trip." - Aurthor laughs.

Within an hour the camp had been set up, and dinner started. Porthios and Robert had left to gather some water from the stream, while Renard, and Aurthor were collecting wood.

"Wellgo figure we're out here by ourselves doing all the work, while the king sits back in the camp relaxing!" - Aurthor complains while picking up large pieces of dry wood.

"Well he is the king, it's his job to sit around and let others work for him." - Renard reply's with a chuckle, as he throughs a large piece of wood over his shoulder.

"Still he should do something now that he is out here without his servants, and in the wilderness."

"Well he is, he orders his gaurds to cook us dinner."

"Bah, we could have made you cook if we needed to." - Aurthor replys with a chuckle.

Later that night the kings gaurd had mad a fine meal consisiting of stuffed phesant, and boilded vegetables, along with a nice cool red wine.

"Mmmm, this food is truly amazing, is the more?!" - Porthios asks excitedly.

"That'll be your fourth helping Porthios mind leaving some for those of us still savouring our first." - Robert says with a snap in his voice.

"Well sorry this food is much better than that which I normally eat, and I am a large man, and I need to eat alot."

"Well wait till we are all done, then you can dispose of the left overs so we don't need to warry about them."

"Fine then, I'll wait." - Porthios says sulkingly as he drops his plate and boil to the ground.

Within a half hour the other had, had there fill, and Porthios had run off to eat the rest of the food in peace.

hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:12 am  Reply with quote

Ok here's more, just finished it now. Theres, actually something to get excited about.

“Well looks like he’s happy now.” – Renard says with a smile, as he sits down to relax a bit.

“Ya I hope so, cause that’s all he gets until breakfast tomorrow.” - Author says while he joins Renard.

At this time all the soldiers sit around the fire and start reminiscing about the time gone by since the last trip.

“Yep so that’s how I decided I would take Alison as my wife” – Renard says while sitting back.

“Well it was a good choice, she sure is fine woman. Unlike my hag of a wife Loretta, she can’t cook, and she could out eat all of us if she wanted to. ” – Arthur says mockingly, which a loud laugh.

“Hey has anyone seen Porthios since he ran off with the leftovers.” – Robert says while looking around.

“Ah, he probably fell asleep under a tree after eating.” – Patrick says while taking a drink of his ale. Just after taking a mouthful of ale, a large scream is heard, causing Patrick to spit it all out again. – “What the hell was that.”

“Sounded like a man, it must have been Porthios.” – Arthur say quickly, while rushing for a bow, and some arrows.

“We better go get him. He may be injured.” – Renard says as he grabs his sword, and starts in the direction of the scream. But all of a sudden a very bloody Porthios charges into camp with a large wolf chasing after him. – “God damn.” – Renard moves to distract the wolf, while Porthios moves towards the others.

“Move Renard your blocking my shot.” – Arthur screams. Renard quickly side steps a couple of paces to allow Arthur a shot. After lining the shot up quickly Author lets the arrow loose, but the wolf lunges at Renard, though the arrow does catch the wolf in the leg. Renard reacts quickly and dodges the wolfs attack and brings his swords blade down on it’s head.

Renard makes sure the wolf is dead, then runs to Porthios’ side. “What happened.”

“I…I w…was eating but must have f...fallen asleep. T…the wolf a…attacked me thinking I was food. I...I just barely escaped.” – Porthios says while shivering.

“Although he is bleeding quite a bit his wounds seem to be light, I can bandage him up, and then we can bring him to the castle tomorrow.” – Arthur says quietly.

“Alright we leave tomorrow then.” – Renard says. The king peaks out his tent, then walks towards the others slowly, not taking his eyes off of the dead wolf.

“What happened here.” – The king notices the wounded Porthios – “Oh my, will he be ok.”

“Yes he fine, a little banged up, but a few bandages should fix him right up.” – Arthur looks over Porthios again. – “Oh I didn’t see this, it’s a wonder you were still walking, your missing a chunk of your calf.”

“Oh now that you mention it, I can’t seem to move that leg.” – Porthios says while looking at the bloody gore that was once his leg.

“I will patch that up first, after all this you will need a lot of rest.” – Arthur starts to wrap a bandage around Porthios’ leg. Once the king sees the hole in the wounded soldier’s leg, he goes completely pale, and then runs back to his tent.

“Wow what a baby, its a little blood and he runs. Well I’m going to turn in Patrick and Arthur your on first watch Myself, and Robert will take second, and the other two will take final.” – Renard says as he walks to his tent.

“All right then, I guess I’ll go to sleep now too then.” – Robert says.

“And then I guess I should move the wolfs body so that animals aren’t attracted to it.” – Patrick says leaving Arthur to bandage Porthios up.

Rattuskid
Mostly Harmless
Level: 150

Position: Supermod
Kel: 380  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

Bits of people bitten off, fun!
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:58 am  Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll get more done today, but just to tell you this has to be done for next monday so expect a finished copy by then.
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:04 am  Reply with quote

Ok sorry for double post and all, but I'm a bit lazy.

Nothing happens through the night, and Porthios is left in his tent to rest. In the morning all the soldiers are woken from the smell of cooked pork which is now filling everyone’s nose, and making their mouths water.

“Mmmm, cooked pork those guards do fry the food nicely.” – Renard says to him self as he dresses. Once dressed Renard exits the tent, and walks sleepily towards the fire. – “What the hell are you doing Porthios!” – Renard runs to Porthios.

“Hmmm, what’s all the ruckus out here.” – Arthur says as he crawls out of his tent. He looks up to see Porthios walking around as if nothing was wrong. – “What the hell, how are you walking with that leg injury.”

“What, I feel fine. Look I’m better, see.” – Porthios then pulls off the bandage that was covering his leg showing that the wound has been pretty much healed, and looks like nothing more than a scratch. – “I don’t think we need to go home now. Let’s just enjoy ourselves and forget about it.”

“Forget about it? Last night you had a hole the size of my first in the back of your leg. You would never have recovered from it let alone recover over night.” – Arthur says as he starts to inspect the other wounds. The king slowly exits his tent groggily, and looks around for some sign as to what is happening.

“Porthios you are up now? It’s a miracle! The holy one must have looked after you, because I grace your presence.” – the king says while clasping his hands together as if he were praying.

“Well it must have been god…”- Renard says then lowers his voice. – “But I doubt it was, because of you.”

“Well let us eat then, I smell, some fine pig roasting.” – The king says as he sits down by the fire.

“Well I would like to look Porthios over a bit more.” – Arthur says in a concerned tone.

“After we eat, after a divine experience I’m sure the man is hungry.” – The king says joyfully, as he cuts a piece of pork and slaps it onto his plate.

“Very well but once we are finished, I will examine him.” – Arthur says, then sits down to join the others. It doesn’t take long for them all to get their fill of the food, and Arthur examines Porthios, looking for any sign of his injuries.

“So what is it, could it have been a divine encounter.” – Renard asks quietly.

“Well for the amount of injuries done last night, there is no sign of them except the scratch on his leg, and a small mark on his neck which is new.” – Arthur says.

“A new injury?”

“Yes it looks like a rat was starting to chew on him.”

“So our campsite has rats, and Porthios was part of a divine experience.”

“It seems like it, and I guess we can stay out here for a little longer, you know the king won’t let us return early now.”

“Your right, ok then lets go tell them to get their gear ready for hunting.” After this conversation between Renard, and Arthur, all of the men go out for the day hunting, and fishing. That night they all return with what they had caught.

“Wow that was a great day, look at all we have caught.” – Porthios says while laying down a small dear, and dropping a basket of fish.

“Well don’t get them dirty you lunk head we’re gonna eat those fish tonight.” – Arthur says grumpily.

“Oh your just upset, cause you couldn’t hit a deer to save your life.” – Porthios says as he gathers the fish, and sets them by the fire. – “What about my dear, are we just gonna tie it up?”

“Ya, we can skin it, and smoke it’s meat tomorrow.” – Renard says while he starts to clean the fish.

“Ok then, I’ll just hang it in the tree with the rest of the food.” – Porthios says as we walks towards the bushes.

“Wait up we’ll help.” – The two guards say, and run after him.

“Ok fine.” – Porthios waits for the guards to catch up, then continues to drag the deer into the bush. All the men left at camp, except the king, busy themselves with cleaning the fish.

“Wow, these are nice sized. You’d never find any like this in the rivers near the castle.” – Renard says, while continuing to clean the fish.

“Ya that’s why we don’t tell anyone about this place.” – Arthur says, while he sets stirs the campfire, so it starts to burn higher.

“Ya, well these are done, let’s get them cooking.”- Renard hands the fish to Arthur, to cook.

“Good, then the big man will be back in time for the food.” – Arthur snickers. Just as Arthur places the first fish screams are heard from the bush.

“Damn it not again!” – Renard draws his sword, and runs towards the screams. Arthur follows behind with the bow, and Robert and Patrick stay with the king. Renard, and Arthur, get to where the food, is hung, but are too late, and only find two very dead corpses.

There ya go, more tommorow most likely, maybe more tonight if I get energetic.

hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:03 am  Reply with quote

Here's more, will explain rodenthropes later, after speaking to Rattus more about them.

“What the hell happened here? What could have done this? Where’s Porthios?” – Renard sputters out not knowing what to do next.

“Must have been a bear. Nothing less than that could have taken down three armed men.” – Arthur says while scanning the area for any movement.

“No there are no bear tracks here, look.” – Renard points at the ground to where you can see only the men’s foot prints.

“Your right, you don’t think Porthios did this?’ – Arthur says in an angered way.

“No Porthios would never have done this. He is a good man.” – Renard says as he keeps his own eyes on the forest also.

‘Then maybe the wolf was something more, maybe it infected Porthios in the attack.”

“What do you mean? Like maybe he was a monster.”

“Exactly, but more precisely, a Lycanthrope.”

“But those are only story’s, no one has ever seen one, or proven they existed.”

“Well then explain the unnatural amount of healing done over night, and why the only tracks that lead in and out of this area would have to be Porthios’. He is now an unnatural beast, which must be stopped.”

“We better get back to camp and tell the others.”

“Yes you are right.” – Renard, and Arthur run towards the camp to tell the others of what has happened here. Back at the camp Robert, and Patrick, are talking about what may have happened when Renard and Arthur run into the camp. – “What happened? Where’s the others? They aren’t…”

“Yes sadly they are, but there is a bigger problem.” – Arthur says while Renard starts to pack up.

“What’s going on? Why is he packing up?” – Patrick says in a very worried voice.

“Its Porthios the wolf bit transformed him. He is the one whom attacked the others, and he is probably coming for us as we speak. So stop cowering, and pack up so we can be out of here as soon as possible.” – Arthur runs to his tent, and starts to take it down, the Patrick, and Robert follow suit, but the king sits down, and sulks. – “That goes for you do your majesty, if you don’t take it down we’re leaving it.”

“You can’t do that I order you to do it for Me.” – the king stands up, and puts a stern face on.

“Well I’m sorry majesty but I will leave you here, as there is a now three hundred pound wolf man hunting us, and I am not staying here, unless you put an arrow through my chest.” – Arthur says sternly. The king looks shocked, but realises he has lost, and then starts to take down his tent. Within half an hour everyone had their gear packed up, and stored in the wagon, it all came down to Robert to hitch the horses.

“Good god man what is wrong, it took you five minutes to hitch the horses when we were coming here.” – Patrick says, in a very scared voice.

“Sorry then I wasn’t watching my back for a wolf man.” – Robert returns also with terror in his voice.

“Stop worrying and get it done, we are watching your back.” – Renard says sternly.

“Fine I will stop worrying, and just get it done.” – Robert says quickly. Within another ten minutes, Robert had the wagon hitched, and they were on their way back home as fast as they could. On the way the king starts to speak to Arthur.

“Are you sure it’s a Lycanthrope.”

“What do you mean am I sure? What else could it be?” – Arthur returns quickly.

“Well you said it looked as though a rat had been chewing on him right, and that it looked very fresh.”

“Yes so, what are you getting at?”

“Well if he has supper human healing, then there should have been little sign of the mark when you looked him over. Especially since he had been cooking for sometime before then.”

“So?”

“Well I believe he is a Rodenthrope.”

“A Rodenthrope?”

“Yes much like the wolf form in ways, but instead has the appearance, reflexes, and speed of a rat. They are so much of a threat to humans, that they have been kept a secret.”

“So you think we are up against an oversized, rat?”

“Yes…oh, I should have relieved myself at the camp.”

“What? You mean you need to take a piss.”

“Well putting it bluntly yes!”

Well we can’t stop now we have another hour, and a half ride before we reach the castle.”

“But I must go, and as fast as Rodenthrope are I doubt, it could have caught up to us, and if it is a Lycanthrope, it has long lost interest in us.”

“Fine I will talk to Renard, and see if we make a quick stop. It would allow me to fill them in on what we are going against.” – Arthur pulls up to Renard, and informs him, that they need to stop for the king. He also assures him that the beast would be long gone, and it would be safe to take a break. Renard agrees, that they need a break, and they then stop and for a break.

“Ok Patrick follow the king, and make sure he’s ok as he does his business. The rest of us will start a fire, and make some food, since we have missed dinner.” – Renard says as he starts to pull some food from the wagon.

“Fine, I’ll baby-sit, but the food better be cooked when I get back.” – Patrick says as he escorts the king into the bush. The others do as they said, and starts a fire for cooking, using some dead wood on the side of the path.

Paranoid
naval hair?
Level: 108

Kel: 57  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:47 am  Reply with quote

DUN DUN DUN!

yeah, its pretty good, aside from some spelling mistakes. And I suggest using words like aye instead of yes, it just adds more to it. Mind you, these are knights so i suppose they'd be taught to use 'yes' but yeah, use things like that, it makes it seem more real. Grin

hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:29 pm  Reply with quote

Well all of it was put through a spell checker before posting, dunno, it was microsoft word. I'm gonna have to writ some more tommorow, and sunday so expect updates.
hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:18 pm  Reply with quote

Ok here's the end, Please try to post and crits and comments now so I can rework stuff tommorow, so it will be done on monday.

"Ok we will go about twenty feet in." - The king nods in agreement but doesn't speak. Once the two men get about twenty feet in Patrick stops, and motions for the king to move a bit farther in. - "I'll wait here you continue in a bit, hurry back." - The king walks in about five more feet. Meanwhile above them in the high branches of a tree nearby a large rodentesque creature watches the two men. He starts climbing down the tree, towards Patrick. - "Hmm, what the hell." - Patrick looks up just in time to see a large scaly tail smash him in his face, Patrick lets out a yelp before falling unconcious.

"What happened? Patrick you ok." - The king buttons up, and moves to investigate. Once he reaches the are, he just see's the Rodenthrope dive back into the trees, leaving a beheaded Patrick. By now the King is to scared to scream, and is just barely able to draw his sword. H starts scanning the entire area including the tree tops, but doesn't see or here anything, until the Ratman slashes his back. Once the king feels the biting pain of the claws, the king spins around slashing with his sword, the blade finds it's mark in the creatures shoulder. The creature yelps, and the king breaks for the wagon.

"Hmm, wonder whats taking the king, and Patrick so long." - Renard says while stuffing a large piece of fish in his mouth.
"Oj he's probably being a royal pain in Patricks ass. They will be back soon, just enjoy your food, because we have to leave soon after they return." - Arthur says but just then the king runs into the path, and falls into renards lap screaming histarically.

"It's coming, it's coming." - The king says but then falls limp seemingly dead. Just as Renard is about to check to see if the king is alive, the Rodenthrope jumps from a tree at Robert. Arthur is able to land an arrow in it's arm, but it still lands on robert. The creature starts scratching Robert violently, but Renard cuts into its leg with his sword causing it to retreat.

"We have to leave now!" - Arthur says as he cuts the horses from the wagon, and sends them away.

"But what of the king, and Robert." - Renard says as he starts
back for the king, but Arthur intercepts.

"They are both dead look. There is nothiing we can do but escape with our own lives." - Arthur starts for a tied up horse. Renard silently looks back, but then follows to the other horse. The teo men start towards the castle on horse back, but when renard looks back upon his fallen comrade only to see him getting up. Renard pulls his horse to a stop, and when arthur notices he does the same.

"Look he's still alive, we have to go back for him." - Renard turns his horse but arthur stops him.

"You saw him, he was mangled by the rat if anything he is one of them. If we go back he will just attack us. We have to go before he turns, and the other catches up." - Arthur grabs renards horses reigns, and pulls it into a gallope towards the castle, Renard just sits in horror knowing another of his friends is about to transform into a monster, and attempt to kill him. After abot an hour the horses start to get spooked, and slow down a bit, Arthur knows it can only be one thing so he draws his sword and prepares for a fight with a monster.

"Whats the matter, why are the horses slowing." - Renard says worriedly, he also draws his sword in anticipation to the answer.

"I beleive they have caught up, and they aren't happy." - Arthur scans the left side of the forest, while Renard scans the left. Neither sees anything until it's to late. Just as Renard looks over at Arthur to say something he is tackled from behind, knocking him from his mount. Arthur pulls his horse to a stop but Renard waves him away.

"Keep going it's to late for me I will try to slow them..." - Before Renard is able to finish his sentence the other beast comes in from behind, and knocks him to the ground with his tail. Then two start scratching him, and Arthur starts off again with his horse running at top speed. The rats notice the horse taking off, and they jump into the buch to follow, leaving Renard to become one of them also. Arthur notices that the rats have left Renard, and gets scared, he now has three of them to deal with. But he gets a bit of hope knowing that at this speed the castle is not far, and it will be easy to deal with them when they are drawn into the open.

After fifteen minutes Arthur reaches the opening that will lead to the castle, although he can see the castle it is still another ten minutes ride from his position. But just as he is about to make a dash for the castle one of the beasts jump out, and break his horses rear legs send him, and his horse to the ground hard.

"No! Damnit, there is no way I will be able to make it now. Screw it maybe I can get close enough for the watch to see the monsters." - Arthur starts to runs towards the castle, he keeps looking back expecting to see the beasts to be foloowing, just as he is about five minutes away from the castle, the creatures finally make an apearance. Arthur doesn't care, now that he's this close, he has a good chance of making it to the castle. After another two minutes of running arthur starts yelling as loud as he can to get the gate watch men's attention.

"Help! Help me!" - Arthur screams, but the running make him need to take big breathes between sentences. - "Open up! There are three monsters chasing me!" - Arthur continues running, and reaches the gate quickly. He turns his back to the castle, and faces the rats preparing to fight. - "Help, open up! Please help me!" - Arthurs last plea goes like the rest with no answer. The rats quickly catch up and start to attack, arthur is able to slice one of the creatures hand of , but another rat disarms him with a flick of his tail, they knock him down and start scratching him, but just as he thinks he is dead they stop.

Arthur looks up, and sees that the three creatures are just standing and staring up at a window. Just as Arthur thinks he is saved he spots a clocked figure above the gate, he automatically gets a bad feeling about him.

"Who are you" - Arthur yells out, but one of the creatures kicks him, and they all scowl at him. Arthur gets really worried now, and starts trembling. The man above the gate pulls his hood off revealing a large Rodenthrope. Soon after removing the cloak he is handed a crown which he places on his head.

"I beleive you know who I am Sir Knight." - The large Rodenthrope says in a husky voice, but familar voice.

"Your majesty, I had forgotten about you." - Arthur says still terrified.

"Yes, and it is too bad, because you would have made a good general for my Rodent army."

"Army, what do you mean by that."

"After you left me for dead, I under went the same change your friends did, but I became stronger, and faster. I rushed back to the castle, and infected everyone while you all played in the forest. But like I said since you left me for dead I will not allow you the pleasure of becoming on of us." - The rodent king says as he jumps down to the ground level, and marches over to Arthur.

"And thats all I remeber until I woke up here."

"You were lucky we had seen what was going on, or else the
king would have crushed you." - A large man says as he gets up to leave.

"Wait you never told me who you were." - Arthur says as he starts up, but is forced to lay back down from pain.

"Don't worry, all will be explained later. Now you must rest." - The tall man leaves the room, and closes the door behind him.

hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:04 am  Reply with quote

Well back at it like I promised. Though it took my GF telling me I had to start writing again cause the ending confused here to start back up. Razz I think I wrote another page here, so we're up to 11 pages on 10 size arial font in wordpad. I can make a copy of the word file available if wanted. Ok here it is, and as always comments, and crits apreciated, but try not to be harsh, I know I'm not an amazing writer.

After the man left Arthur slumped back into bed to think about hat could have happened, he had no idea who his saviours were, or how they saved him from an army of those monsters. He went over the events again, and again in his head trying to remeber something more, he needed to know if he could trust these people, if they would do their best to save him again if need arose. After about half an hour of thinking his wounds flared up in pain, and he screamed in agony until finally he blacked out.

When Arthur awoke next a young women, was siting on the edge of the bed he was in, cleaning his wounds with warm soapy water. It stung but he made no move to alert her to his being awake, afraid she might be startled.

"I hope this does not hurt to much m'lord. But it must be done, or else you could get an infection." - the woman continued to clean his wounds, and never looked up, he was suprised she knew he had woken up, or perhaps in his sleep he thought, that perhaps in his sleep he was restless, and cried out, but now that he was awake he had made no noise.

"Do not worry young miss, I am no stranger to pain. Especially after what those beasts did to me last......" - Arthur realized he didn't know how long he had been asleep, and stopped himself in mid sentence. - "I mean whenever it was that it happened. I still do not know how long I have been here."

"Two months. You haven't been asleep for it the entire time, but when you were awake you weren't you. We needed to fight the infection of the beasts or else you too would have turned, and we couldn't have that. So you probably will not remember any of it for quite some time."

Hearing this Arthur laid his head back, and fell into deep thought, could it be possible that he had lost two months of his life, because of those beasts. He still didn't fully understand what they were, or how they came to be.

"So two months have really passed? Wow, can you tell me what this place is, and who you people are?"

"This place is a castle in a small neighboring kingdom, from yours. As for your other question I think it wouldbe best for someone else to explain, as I am just a nurse."

"Well when might someone else come by to see me?"

"The man who talked to you when you were last awake comes by once every other day to check up on you. He is busy, and that is all he can afford to offer."

"So when does that make his next visit?"

"He should be by tommorow, you have been out for five days since you last spoke to him, so I am sure he will be anxcious to speak with you again."

"Five days, good god those beasts sure did a number on me."

"Yes for quite some time we were even suprised to find you still breathing in the mornings."

"Can you tell me who this man is. I would like to great him next time with his name."

"He has asked that he be allowed to introduce himself to you. So you will have to wait until then. He will also answer any other questions you have. For now I suggest you get some rest. Your injuries have left you weak, and you will need all the strength you can gather to get yourself better."

"I think you are right. I am really tired. I guess I will see you when I see you next. Good day."

The young woman gathered her things into a small basket and walked out of the room. Arthur heard the door lock behind her, and he didn't like that idea, but when he tried to sit up he realised, that even if it were open he was going no where. He fell back with a thump, and a dull pain rushed through his body, after shrugging it off, he fell asleep.

hellfire
Allmighty lazy one!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Hmmm thinking of starting this again after some coaxing from some co-workers. Also did anyone that rea this notice that the main characters name changes near the end?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1