[ X ]
Minor template suggestion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The End 007
WASHAKAFAMA!
Level: 115

Position: Registered User
Kel: 107  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Minor template suggestion Reply with quote

Only a tiny little thing but I fidn it really irritating. The Forum index -> Minless Chatter little back links at the top and bottom of each page could do with being closer to the main body IMO. The one at the bottom could do with being either above or beside the post and reply buttons at the bottom and the one at the top could do with being either next to or below the post or reply buttons.

Like I said just a tiny thing but to me at least they feel odd where they are right now.

View user's profile Find all posts by The End 007 Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Detail
David
Level: 111

Kel: 176  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

Have you tryed the "Back to top" button? It's under every avatar.
Sleipnir
Level: 150

Position: Administrator
Kel: 3645  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

Create a custom theme and try playing around with the position (.breadcrumb and .breadcrumbbottom IIRC). Let me know if you find a better position for them and i'll take a look.

You are a bit limited with how you position them, as it will affect every page (the breadcrumb links on SS are automaticaly generated and displayed through the header and footer templates rather than being individually defined in each page)
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
The End 007
WASHAKAFAMA!
Level: 115

Kel: 107  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:52 pm  Reply with quote

Detail wrote (View Post):
Have you tryed the "Back to top" button? It's under every avatar.

I'm aware you can go back to the top they just seem to be in an odd position, on the subSilver template in fact on most phpBB templates the breadcrumbs are directly to the right of the reply and new topic buttons. And are contained in the view_forum and view_topic files rather then the header and footer. So it looks like it'll have to be left as it is.

View user's profile Find all posts by The End 007 Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Leighman
Level: 113

Position: Moderator
Kel: 1025  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

I would have to say, I definitely prefered them in their old position.
View user's profile Find all posts by Leighman Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1