[ X ]
partnership-e type thing
again
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detail
David
Level: 111

Position: Registered User
Kel: 176  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: partnership-e type thing Reply with quote

I'm working on a fun links site. It's like a mix of GamesModding and Digg for fun and creative pages. As far as i can see it'll be the only site for its field, so should be semi-popular.
People will expect some sort of forum. I'm not big on forums anymore and would not want the hassel of moderation. I could spend weeks writing my own self-moderating forum and then more weeks trying to get it started, or i could ask if i could direct people to here.

When people goto the forum page on my site i'd have a page saying "Give SSF a try. Link>>".

Thing is, they are only going to want to see forums under the 'Stuff' catagory, not 'Modding' and maybe not 'Island of Vale' (whatever it is). So is there some way that people comming from my site have those 2 catagorys turned off? Like you can turn them off in 'Forum index -> User Control Panel -> Layout & Themes -> Index'.

Sleipnir
Level: 150

Position: Administrator
Kel: 3645  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:54 am  Reply with quote

I'm up for it.

It wouldn't be hard to check the referrer or url parameter and set a cookie that will auto-hide those forums (possibly with an alertbar message "Some forums have been hidden from view, click here to display them")
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1