[ X ]
Bugs
Post any bugs you find here
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  »
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleipnir
Level: 150

Position: Administrator
Kel: 3645  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Bugs Reply with quote

I've done my best to find and fix as many bugs as possible before release, but nobody is perfect, so if you find anything that doesn't work properly then post it here.

Fixed Bugs:
  • New Post icon missing in Spaced Out theme
  • All users appear to be 136 years old
  • 'New posts since last visit' search showing topics from hidden forums
  • Modifying 'Registration info' perminantly deactivates account
  • Some members not appearing on memberlist after changing page
  • PM \' and quote bbcode bugs

Last edited by Sleipnir on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sleipnir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:40 am  Reply with quote

I've deleted all the posts regarding bugs that have been fixed, just to tidy things up a bit.

Today i fixed the following bugs:
  • If you modified any information on the 'Registration info' page it would deactivate your account with no way to reactivate it.
    The following accounts were affected by the issue and have been re-enabled:
    • Andre27
    • The_Hunter
    • |Zenas|
    • TypeProton

• Some members not appearing on memberlist after changing page
  • PM \' and quote bbcode bugs
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
The_Hunter
Cameo Lord
Level: 112

Position: Registered User
Kel: 272

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

if i try edit my post shortly after posting it and then submiting it says that i can't post so fast after having posted
thyob
Level: 103

Kel: 20  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

When trying to send a private message I got Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: ttg/message_body.tpl
Sleipnir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 pm  Reply with quote

Fixed
Methis
Blessed are we without a god.
Level: 107

Kel: 320  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

I reckon it's probably not a bug, but I do wonder: Why is the Spellcheck disabled? Or has just not been ported/coded yet?
Sleipnir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:03 pm  Reply with quote

The code works fine, the problem is that the server SS is hosted on doesn't have a piece of software installed that is needed for it to work.
Methis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:18 am  Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Any idea when it's coming back?
Suiseiseki
Carnivean
Level: 120

Kel: 216  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:51 am  Reply with quote

Changing password seems to claim to deactivate your account but doesn't make it inactive while sending an email with just '?mode=activate&u=xxx&act_key=' in it.
Detail
David
Level: 111

Kel: 176  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:13 am  Reply with quote

Links are red. Under everyones avatar is a bit of red text saying "registered". Every other bit of red text is a link, thus the pattern suggest that this bit of red text will also be a link... but it's not!
Methis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Detail wrote (View Post):
Links are red. Under everyones avatar is a bit of red text saying "registered". Every other bit of red text is a link, thus the pattern suggest that this bit of red text will also be a link... but it's not!

Then again.. there is no red text to be deceptive? Razz
I'm pretty sure this has to do with the theme used. i.e. I use Spaced Out and don't get red text.. "Registered user" shows up as blue, like most things. The only red I get on here is from the "Offline" status thingy -_-

Sleipnir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:49 pm  Reply with quote

The "Registered User" text is globally defined per theme, so it will be the same colour nomatter where in the forum you look (although it will differ depending on the theme you use).
Its just coincidence (well, more of a convention) that the colour of the registered users in the "who is online" section is the same as the regular link colour in the default themes...

I don't really see it as an issue, as eventually it will be a link, going to the memberlist displaying all the users in that group.
Methis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

I was trying a few things out when I came across the following:
In Firefox, if you create a custom theme by combining Red'n'Black as the main theme with Mindblank buttons, all the links/buttons at the top (Knowledge Base, Downloads, Search, UCP etc.) disappear. Inconvenient. I also noticed that with most combinations, only the buttons remain (e.g. just the question mark button for the Knowledge Base, without any text).
Not sure if these are (known about) bugs, but I think it'd be nice to change it nevertheless..

Sleipnir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:44 am  Reply with quote

That's not really a bug, more of a consequence of how the two themes work.

By default, the template includes both the button image and the text links. The Mindblank theme has a css rule in it's image stylesheet to hide the (non-existant) button images, whereas the Red'n'Black theme hides the text links in its main stylesheet as the text is included in the buttons.You just happened to choose the only combination of stylesheets that will cause both rules to be applied at once.

There's an easy workaround - create a custom stylesheet based off the Red'n'Black main stylesheet, and remove the following:
Code:

/* Hide the menu text */
.mainmenu span {display: none;}
BobingAbout

Kel: 213  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 am  Reply with quote

I have a bug!!!
i no longer seem to be able to access this site via my ISP...
:ManfredVonKarmaHeadbang:

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/files/rrotc.gif
View user's profile Find all posts by BobingAbout Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  »