[ X ]
Suggestion for long topics
like the Gen public resources
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHonestyFishZ
All Around Good Guy
Level: 103

Position: Registered User
Kel: 119  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Suggestion for long topics Reply with quote

Some of the long threads are absolutely ridiculous to navigate through. For example, the W3D Resource thread is 70 pages long. If you want to go to page 30, you have to start at 3 and click for the next page 27 times. How about a drop-down menu instead? I'm not sure how useful this would be though, since it only really makes a difference in a select few threads, but for those threads it sure would be great.
Sleipnir
Level: 150

Position: Administrator
Kel: 3645  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:28 am  Reply with quote

The next version of the forum will have the "Goto page" caption a link that, when clicked, pops up a javascript prompt to enter the page you want to go to.

In the meantime, you can edit the start=XX parameter in the url. There are 15 posts per page, so if you want to go to page 30 you change (or add if its not there) the number after the start parameter to 15*30 = 450.
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sleipnir
Level: 150

Position: Administrator
Kel: 3645  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:08 am  Reply with quote

I back ported said code into this version of the forum. It should now work as described in the announcement thread.
View user's profile Find all posts by Sleipnir Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1