[ X ]
Running Multiple Instances - Now a Thing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoidyberg
Level: 52

Position: Registered User
Kel: 100  [ Donate ]

Online Status: Offline
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Running Multiple Instances - Now a Thing? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug in my system, but I can run multiple instances of OpenRA. This does include starting matches...

If your competitor isn't paying attention to IPs, I suppose you could cheat via playing on both sides....
Blackened
Level: 43

Kel: 462  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:49 am  Reply with quote

This has been true since the last release. One Soscared stream I played a game against myself. Cool

Checking IPs is pretty easy and they are recorded in replays so if someone did cheat it would be pretty easy to track down.

Semi-related I looked at a replay to see if the IP's showed up and interestingly my IP always matched whoever was admin. Why is that?
anjew
www.memers.club
Level: 60

Kel: 142  [ Donate ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Running Multiple Instances - Now a Thing? Reply with quote

zoidyberg wrote (View Post):
I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug in my system, but I can run multiple instances of OpenRA. This does include starting matches...

If your competitor isn't paying attention to IPs, I suppose you could cheat via playing on both sides....

Pretty sure this has been possible for as long as I have played OpenRA and if you install another version, as long as it doesnt overwrite the folder you can open 2 different versions.

Also its just as easy to use a VPN on another computer and sit in the lobby without anyone knowing better so cheating is a lot easier than you think